Re: eBay Cylinder Head: Question

To: Peter Shull <pdx.pete@verizon.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: eBay Cylinder Head: Question
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:12:50 -0800 (PST)
This is a head probably from a Mini Cooper S. The extra two studs are designed
to hold the head gasket, so more comperssion ratio can be used. You must put
thread sealant on the front stud and tighten it to 25 ft/lbs, as it goes into
the water passage

  Aluminium heads have the holes most of the way thru, so they can be converted
to 11 stud head.

  Roger Cotting

Peter Shull <pdx.pete@verizon.net> wrote:
  I just ran across this cylinder head on eBay. It's the first time I've seen
mention made of an "11-stud head". Anyone care to give this newbie a quick
overview on the relative merits of an 11-stud head?

Thanks

8034596032

Roger Cotting

 Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.