Re: manifolds and headers

To: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: manifolds and headers
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:25:55 -0800 (PST)
--- Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com> wrote:
> intake manifolds still manufactured for SU carb
> setups, and are LCB headers still manufactured to
> fit
> spridgets?

Yes to both.  I beat the crap out of one of Maniflow's
LCB for 3 years on my race Sprite, structurally it
held up great despite being ground flat at the
collector from bottoming out countless times at
Grattan Raceway ("Grattan", I believe derived from the
Greek, meaning "Never repave under any circumstances",
or "Do not repair the bathroom fixtures, just hang DO
NOT FLUSH signs year after year", I forget which...).
I was going to buy a 3-into-one "full race" header
this year, but a candid salesperson at one the go-fast
places told me that it wouldn't do much for me unless
I was gonna keep the motor at 8500+ RPM, and that a
LCB from APT would be better. So I have a brandy-new
LCB, albeit at twice the price it was 4 years ago due
to exchange rates, full awareness of the supply/demand
curve, etc.