[FOT] ARE Silverstones (resend)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] ARE Silverstones (resend)
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:14:04 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
Hi,

I saw a quickie in the SEMA coverage in GRM that shows that American
Racing Equipment is offering the Silverstone mini-lite replica wheel
again. The price seems to be about $200.

My question to the list - the pictures look a lot like the "other"
non-panasport mini-lite replicas - are these wheels any better than the
other brands?? Of are they all the same wheel with different marketing
companies behind them?

I'd like to see a side-by-side comparison of this wheel, the Konig
REWIND, Panasport and the various others (like SuperLite and KN).
Just for yucks.

It's nice to see that the wheel companies are responding with some stuff
that us old sportcars folks can actually use. :-)

Comments?

rml
note to self, read message BEFORE pressing SEND.
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx