Credit card conundrum.. no LBC x-avg-checked=avg-ok-3E137B39

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Credit card conundrum.. no LBC x-avg-checked=avg-ok-3E137B39
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 12:22:12 -0600
Is this a coincidence or a scam?

Driving in this AM, I stopped for gas. Swiped my card and was told
"see attendant". This particular station is a horribly smoke filled
grimy little place. I didn't want to go in as I'd smell of smoke the
rest of the day. Place bothers me. So, I drive to the next station,
10 miles farther, and swipe my card again. I was told "card expired,
see attendant" Aha, it had! So, I used a different card, and all's well.

At work I have an email allegedly from Paypal saying that my card is
soon to expire, and that I should update the card info in my profile.
Interestingly, this is NOT the card in my profile. Also, the email
did not have the usual phishing type of "click here to update" link.
There was no link at all. The time of the email, if that's to be
believed, is soon after the gas attempts.

I forwarded the email to eBay spoof, and got their usual response,
but I'm not so sure it was a scam.

Any opinions?

Is Brother THAT big?

Thanks    Peter C.