Rear wheel steering

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear wheel steering
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 13:17:17 -0500
I am baffled.
69 Midget with everything new on the suspension except maybe the 1/2
leaf springs.
Let off the gas and the rear end twitches like it has a busted leaf spring.
Under very careful examination, there is no broken leafs. Infact, the
springs are very nice and may have even been new with all the other
parts that came on this car. New but up to 20 years old but never
driven. It now has 30 miles on it.
Bushings are new looking, as are the bolts but it has been sprayed black
at one time and then I shot it all with undercoating.
It also has a Wheel Wright tube shock conversion.
This setup looks like a who designed it and ran setup. I don't like it
one bit. I can see where the top of the tube shox are not fully home in
the mount, they can twist in the hole where the lever shox mount.
Do you think this is the cause?
Remember, this is the Midget where the PO redesigned just about every
part and system on the car, none of which he thought thru and ALL of it
had to be put back to right.
If anyone has a rear tube shock setup, could you please look under there
at the top of the shock and tell me if there is a spacer or something to
keep the shock from twisting.
And if you do have this, does your shock head hit the mount?
You know, designed by someone who never really tried it.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ