Re: GM Alternator

To: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>, "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GM Alternator
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 22:21:42 -0800 reply-type=original
Unfortunately, all of the internals that are available to rebuild a Lucas
Alternator now come from India and are p.o.s.  I have never had a rebuilt
Lucas Alternator last for more than 1 year.  I have had a Saturn alternator
on the Midget for the last 6 years, powering hi wattage headlights, and a
stereo with a power amplifier and an electronic ignition.  As I commented in
another post, the Saturn alternator has all of the modern updates, and was
designed with a life expectancy of 150,000 miles.  I'm sure the Lucas unit
was designed to last 12,500 miles or until the factory warantee ended, which
ever came first.
David Riker