Original Mk1 Midget backrest padding

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Original Mk1 Midget backrest padding
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 19:06:51 -0600
Sooner rather than later I'm going to go ahead and get rid of my old seat
components. I had to buy the seats outright, as the PO thought the originals
were "junk" and tossed them. So I found a pair of original MK1 Midget seats.
Seemed like the price was steep, too long ago to remember clearly 200-300 I
think. Looking at the price of the metal components (frame, backrest pan) I
think I did OK, since I got the rails and everything else included.
What strikes me as odd, and the reason for the post, is I have the original
jute backrest padding. I believe these are different than the Mk1 & 2 Sprite
padding in that there is a small foam pillow glued to the upper part of the
jute padding, to fill in the small squarish section on the top front of the
backrest on the Midget Mk1. Would be special to the 948 Midget. If anyone is
interested in this, would let it go to a good home for free, could send whole
backrest padding, or just cut out the pillows. Probably not worth eBaying.
Dan