RE: Tach reduction gear

To: "conan" <conan@intrex.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tach reduction gear
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:31:10 -0500
Back in '67, while attending college in Iowa, a good friend bought a 289
Cobra.  That night, just for "grins", we took the Cobra out on one of the
few paved back roads in southeast Iowa, and took turns standing along side
the road, while the other drove the Cobra past at an indicated 120 mph.
Standing along side the road, or driving the Cobra was quite a rush, I
assure you.
I remember very distinctly, that the Stewart-Warner electric tach was
inoperative, and we were being careful not to wind the little 289 too
tightly.
So, maybe the AC Aceca, or AC Ace employed the generator driven, mechanical
tach.  But, the mighty Cobra most certainly did not.
That's my story, an' I'm stickin' to it.
Bud Osbourne