Re: Way, way, way off topic

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Way, way, way off topic
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 19:07:18 -0600
When the person occupying  the second highest political office in this
country shoots somebody with a shotgun causing serious injury, or possibly
worse, yes, that is worthy of news coverage and is of political importance.

The bigger question isn't why it took so long to report it to the press, but
rather why it took so long for that podunk Sheriff to investigate it.

That is ridiculously outrageous police procedure.  Anytime there is a
potential for a crime having been committed, they should have started an
immediate investigation.  Waiting until the next day gives time for stories
to be worked out and for alcohol or drugs to leave the system.

I'm NOT saying there was anything improper involved on Cheney's part, but
there sure was on the Sheriff's part.  If Cheney's advisors had a brain in
their head they would have insisted on an immediate investigation.  Now
there are doors left open for criticism and questions that should never have
been.  Cheney's  innocence of wrongdoing would best have been served by
getting the truth out right away.

Larry Daniels