Re: recommended 1275 build

To: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: recommended 1275 build
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:32:55 -0800 (PST)
Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com> wrote:    I've been agonizing over Vizards
book, websites and
catalogs for weeks now. I still can't figure out what
a great 1275 build for me would be. I'm hereby begging
help from the best spridget minds I know of. Please
give me your advice and counsel.

My street engine has been built over a three year period. I started with a good
stock lower end. I added over time: an aluminium head that has been cleaned up
and ported in the lower end of the intakes, a three angle valve job, Rimflo
valves, an aliminium flywheel, a 266 cam and a 45DCOE Weber, and a Rivergate 5
speed tranny. It ran very well and got better the more the RPM's went up. I
added roller rockers and it ran better. This year I built a lower end with
steel main caps, APT rods, cross drilled crank, polished, all balanced. New
high output oil pump, high output water pump with slower drive, a new cam  belt
drive, n SV3P cam, 6 cc dished pistons. i hope to tell you how fast it is when
I recover from knee surgery.
  Most of this came from Vizard's book with 35 years of working on Sprites( 6
years of racing a 948) and listening to this list.

  Roger Cotting

Roger Cotting