Re: Lazy way out?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lazy way out?
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 10:51:29 -0800 (PST)
--- Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net> wrote:
> Or maybe .010 off the head and .010 off the block.
> Don't hold me to those numbers.

without getting overly mathmatical, for a general
cleanup, .005 to .010 on each is fine (I usually just
tell the guy "skim it enough to clean it up").
Without the carbon on the head and pistons you'll end
up near the compression ratio you brought it in with
anyway!

I also have a head that was shaved to 18CC chamber to
get to specific CR, that was more like "can you get it
to 18cc so the valve shrouding looks like this without
ovalling any holes or puncturing any passages?".  I
also have a block that currently may well celebrate a
birthday in the netherworld of "LMT" (Local Machinist
Time, where you NEVER use the words "I'm in no rush").
 That block is being decked to a specific height for
performance. Actually, I just said "make it faster
than Flounder's."   ;-)