Re: replacing hardtop rear window

To: <SDOliner@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: replacing hardtop rear window
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:10:24 -0800
You'll have to heat it, which means you'll have to find an oven big enough.
Then you'll have to make a form covered with felt. Bending Masonite over a
wooden frame works well. You put plastic in the oven on a piece of sheet
metal covered with felt, and then place it on the form to cool. If you can
get that far, let me know and I'll give you the correct time and
temperature. It's fairly critical, or you'll get distortion in the plastic.
When you're finished, polish the edges with a buffing wheel and rouge to
prevent cracking. You can also use Lexan, which is tougher, but it has to be
annealed in the oven for at least 12 hours prior to forming.
BZ
(scooter windshields)