Re: steering shaft end play

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: steering shaft end play
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:30:55 -0500
I used a 1/4 x 20 grade 5 with a nyloc nut and loctite.  I did buy a 1/4 x
28 and didn't use it cause the one I took out was 20 tpi.

I can change it though.  If I pin it per Peter C's recommendation should I
drill it through the machined groove and the column shaft 90 degrees off the
clamp bolt hole?  What do I use to hold the pin in place?  Or use maybe a
3/16 grade 5 bolt?

I knew I should have gotten a drill press.

Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa