Re: modifying lower link

To: BCAH@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: modifying lower link
From: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 07:37:18 -0500
I could use this info too! The existing grease fitting screws into a plug
with enough thickness to adequately support the fitting. The welch plug
must not be much more than .06 inches which doesn't give much material for
the threads to bite into. Comments??
Tim
Oh, and I just heard on Good Morning America that cats are susceptible to
bird flu too! Frank. Here's something from Asia that works!!!

At 02:31 AM 3/13/2006, BCAH@aol.com wrote:
>I was planning on adding an additional grease fitting to the welch plug on
>the lower link where the fulcrum pin goes.Any hints? Can I pull the welch
>plug
>out and put in a new one if I mess it up? Is a copper washer needed?   Any
>drill sizes I should start with? Any thoughts would be
>appreciated,--------------Bob C

Timothy H Collins, Professor and Dean Emeritus
Michigan Technological University