Looking forward to finishing my car soon

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking forward to finishing my car soon
From: "Dan Gillitzer" <dang@ticon.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 09:05:09 -0600
Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone in the southern WI/ northern
IL area.
My job has a strange work schedule, 6 on/ 2 off. In April, all of my days off
fall on weekdays, no weekends. As far as getting car work done, I usually can
just forget about the weekends (honey-do list combined with the presence of
"the boss"). Weekdays, when the weather is decent, warm enough to work in the
garage, I can spend most of my time working on the Sprite.
I'd like to be able to get the car inspected by the end of May, I think it's
do-able, but I hope the weather warms up soon, if you get my drift.
"Inspected" because the car is on a salvage-only title, for reasons that
aren't entirely clear.
What remains to be done? Well, the whole interior, really. The dash is done
and the car runs and drives. The body panels are all hanging by the rafters in
the basement, but the paint is all done, just need to hang panels and complete
the interior, finish wiring the lights and so-forth, bumpers are getting
rechromed now. Shouldn't be too bad, as a matter of fact most everything left
would be considered "the fun stuff".
If anyone in this area has a weekday off occasionally and feels like sharing
in "the fun", consider the invitation open. Or else I'll have some weekend
days open in May, I should have a good handle on if I am going to make my own
deadline of the end of May by later in April, so I'll know if I'll really need
to suspend the honey-do list on a weekend day or not. My wife wants to see it
done also, so would probably cooperate if it meant some summer driving and
showing.
Dan