Re: slave bleeding

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: slave bleeding
From: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 11:21:19 -0800
All this talk of problems bleeding the slave cylinder brings back
painful memories.  I was having similar problems after installing a
Datsun 5 speed.  I re-used the 948 slave cylinder and the way it is
mounted using Paul's mounting bracket, the bleeder faces directly into
the longitudinal frame member.  It is rather close to it also.  This
makes it very difficult to get a drain hose on it.  I could only get it
on with a pair of needle nose pliers.  I will be swapping the Datsun
trans for a new one soon and would like to know if there is a better
cylinder to use or a better way to configure this?

--
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite