Re: Miata's (NO LBC)

To: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>,
Subject: Re: Miata's (NO LBC)
From: "Bohler" <res0nii1@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:04:17 -0800
Hi Larry - Congratulations on your new toy!! It looks really nice.

Sorry I didn't see this you first posted it - I usually just scan the list
and missed this one.

I really love my 2001 NB Miata - A really fun car, and it is also the one
car we own that gets the best mileage.

I have found that if I use the recommended premium gas, that I get over 30
mpg regularly.  If I "hot rod" it a bit, the mileage drops 1 or 2 mpg, but
not much more (It really wants to go, and on first getting on the freeway
the temptation to step on it is irresistible!!) . I used regular gas when I
first got it, driving it 30 miles one way to work in highway traffic. It
drove ok, and had good performance, but the mileage was down around 26 to 27
mpg. The car feels a bit peppier with the premium.

There are some good Miata web sites you might be interested in, (if you
haven't already found them) - the one I like the best is the Miata Forum
http://forum.miata.net/vb/   It has information on each generation of Miata,
including your NC, and has a wealth of user input, just like the Spridget
list. Many Miata owners work on their own cars (I haven't gotten up the
nerve to do that yet, but also I haven't had any serious problems yet - it
is a very dependable and reliable car) and offer great comments on some
common problems they have experienced.

Good luck and happy driving - Hopefully we'll be down to see you guys
sometime soon - Peggy is feeling better and may be up to a trip down your
way - maybe even this year.

Dave Bohler

Subject: Miata's (NO LBC)