1275 Clutch

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1275 Clutch
From: JMFarley50@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:23:19 EST
In swapping the 948 to a 1275 in my bugeye, I ordered Borg & Beck 1275
clutch components.  (Disc, Pressure Plate and roller type Release  Bearing).
Noticed that the new Pressure Plate assembly for the new 6  1/2" disc. doesn't
appear to be as beefy as the old one from the 948's, 6  1/4".  The new, 1275
pressure plate utilizes metal fingers vs.  coil springs used in the 948.  It
was
also about half the price.

Is the new one adequate for spirited back roads driving, or should I be
looking at something else?  Want to do the job right and  once.

Thanks,  John