Re: Brake fluid question

To: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>,
Subject: Re: Brake fluid question
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:48:06 -0800
You're right Bud.  Silicones 2 biggests faults are the fact water will not
be absorbed so it will just lay there in droplets and the swell factor on
rubber is greater than for the other types.  This will sometimes mean an
additional adjustment on the M/Cyls to allow the return of brake fluid to
the reservoirs and release the brakes. On a minor side, it's a compressable
liqiud and foams under ABS usage.  Not usually a problem with Spridgets!!

On a giant plus side, it won't remove paint!!

Still should be changed every 2 years, silicone or conventional, just as all
the new cars call for.

Paul A