Re: Bugeye Group..... is this a normal price

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Bugeye Group..... is this a normal price
From: KrkLH@cs.com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:52:29 EST
Moss Motors sells the same one from England for 399.  I would bet that this
is the same one.

I scored a nice one on eBay for about 220 - however mine had some small
scratches, nothing major - but not as clean as a new one.  The one I bought is
more
for a drivers car - not show.

Decent used examples usually sell at around 220 -250 - my take.  A nice one
like this with 4 days left on the auction could actually climb past the price
of a new one from Moss, or very close.  But right now it looks pretty steady as
there is only one bidder.

There can be of course other bidders who begin to enter in as well as a
couple of people who have loaded this auction into sniping software.

Since it appears to be "as new" and since the seller has a good rating, If I
had to have a clean one like this I would probably put a top bid into a
sniping program like the one I use www.esnipe.com for 350 or possibly 375.   It
depends on how much you want to save over buying a new one from Moss or
somewhere
else.

The sellers shipping price of 18.50 is fine - he has to pack it and he seems
to indicate that he is a solid guy when it comes to packing.  It appears to me
that he is not trying to rip anyone off with shipping.  His feedback says the
same.

That's my 2 cents - I do a LOT of eBay having over 770 feedbacks at 100% pos
feedback - and I have bought and sold a fair share of Sprite parts.

Kirk