Update on my 1275 oil burning issue...

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update on my 1275 oil burning issue...
From: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:32:06 -0600
Again, thanks everyone for all the info/advice.  This morning I decided to
warm the car up and double check the timing, carb mixture/sync.  While it
was running, I decided to remove the valve cover and see what the oil
situation looked like on the top end.  It looked to me like *a lot* up oil
was being pumped up there!  Certainly a lot more than on my TR4 engine.
There were pretty good pools of oil forming around the valve springs...  Is
this normal?  And could it possibly be part of my problem?

Thanks,

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L