Re: Source for fiberglass body panels?

To: cartman@rcn.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Source for fiberglass body panels?
From: SSWARIN@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 21:01:45 EDT
Greg,

I have a Spridgetech bonnet on my Spridget.  I defy anyone to tell  that it
is not a steel bonnet.  However, getting it to that condition took  many, many
hours by a very skilled body and paint man (not me!)  He added  additional
fiberglass belts to the underside of the bonnet to stiffen it.   And he worked
very hard on the surface of the fiberglass to get it to class A  condition
before painting.  So the overall cost to me was probably more  than a bonnet
made
of unobtanium (steel).  So Spridgetech fiberglass parts  are perhaps a good
starting point, but a lot more work will be required to get  them to your
standards.

Steve Swarin
1974 Spridget "Purple Passion"