Re: Master Cyl sides

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Master Cyl sides
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:05:00 -0400
This check valve could be to keep a small amount of pressure in the
lines for faster response on drum brake systems. Called a residual
pressure valve in modern terms, it's only used in the line to the rear
drums now days. When converting a street rod or other dual master system
from 4 wheel drums to front discs, the residual pressure valve needs to
be removed from the front line. Otherwise the discs would lock up way
too soon. In the process of this right now on my street rod.

Dave