Re: Repro Radiator Bolts

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Repro Radiator Bolts
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:11:29 -0500
OK, if y'all are all done bashing Moss for fun, here is some possible
help:

The replacement radiators I received are built in a plant (as I remember)
in Portugal by a well-known Italian company (Magnetti Marelli).  Jim, are
you sure yours was made in England?

Since Europe uses metric standard, Moss would have to charge even more to
you poor, oppressed folks to specially tool these things to have SAE
threads.

Hence, Jim, assuming yours was made in Portugal, too, hie thee down to
the hardware store with said radiator in hand and look in the metric
bolts bin for a match, I don't remember the size.  I think the heads were
10mm, but I could be wrong.  Please don't go anywhere near that thing
with a drill!

Frankly, I think Moss has reasonable prices on much of their stuff and
I'm grateful that they make it so easy to get it.  Sure, there are some
things that are overpriced (like most of the generic accessories
available in most auto parts stores, Optima batteries and Facet fuel
pumps, for example).  Overall, I've been a customer for almost 20 years
and have been pleased with the products and the services.
NFFI.

--David Littlefield