Late HS2 Vaccum Port?

To: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Late HS2 Vaccum Port?
From: "Mark Endicott" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:22:41 -0500
I brought my Haynes to work with me this morning to see if I could find the
info I needed to put the HS2's back on the Bugeye but it's not there.  The
version of carbs I have are the late 1275 that don't seam have the vacuum
advance port on the carb body.  There is a port on the manifold but I believe
that it is for the gulp valve, which I don't have and didn't intend to use.
The carbs do have the "Y" that goes to the oil separator on the timing cover.
Would someone with a late (72-74) 1275 tell me where the vacuum advance/retard
port is supposed to be?

Mark
Nashville