It Feels So VERY Good!!!!

To: Midgetsprite <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: It Feels So VERY Good!!!!
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 01:11:28 -0500
Whoopieee!!!!!

It's late, but I just had to send this out before I hit the sack.

Today was the red letter day as the midget once again rolled out of
the shop and went around town for a drive.  For any who have followed
the odessy (if anyone cares!) this was the exploding clutch, wrong
back plate, shot radiator midget in Dodge City.

While I had the engine and tranny out, I found the radiator was shot
and replaced it and all the hoses. I ended up with a new alloy back
plate to replace the one someone had cobbled up. It turned out to be a
back plate for a 948cc cobbled onto my 1275cc!!  The tranny pilot
shaft was therefore too close to the end of the crank and hogged out
the pilot bushing, throwing it into the clutch and pressure plate
assembly which demolished the clutch plate.

Anyway, I spent my spare time the past week finally reassembling
everything and late this afternoon came the acid test. With everything
back in place, I took it down off the jack stands, stuck the key in,
whispered sweet nothings to the little beauty and turned the starter.

It feel so VERY good when you finish a job like this and the engine
fires immediately and settles into a nice smooth idle!! Tomorrow I'll
go over all the nuts and bolts again after driving it around for an
hour or so, but it appears that I once again have a roadworthy
midget!!

Cheers!!
Jim - Up and running Midget in Dodge City

P.S. Anyone need a 948cc back plate with the oil pump housing brazed
onto it??  ;-)
--
1964 R60/2 BMW
1968 MG Midget