Re: Just Curious

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Just Curious
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:15:26 -0500
I now own my very first Spridget - a 1968 MKIII Midget. I bought it in
August of 2004 from an Aussie living in Dallas who was preparing to
return home downunder. I found it from a listing at the MG Car Club UK
online.

Why buy a spridget at 60 years of age, you ask??

In 1965 the US Air Force sent me to High Wycombe, Bucks, England. Not
too long after I got there I decided I needed a car to get around in.
I had watched MG TD's and TC's race at Watkins Glen when I was in High
School (58-62). I wanted an MG in the worst way and as luck would have
it, the son of an aquaintance was selling his 1946 TC. I bought it and
kept it through 1968 when I sold it out of stupidity (I used the money
to marry my first wife!!).

>From then on, I have always wanted another MG.  I *really* wanted a TC
(still do!) but they were pretty much out of my price range for a long
time. During that time I also developed an affinity for BMW
motorcycles which kept my MG lust at bay. Finally I decided a Midget
would be fun until I could find just the right TC.  Now I love the
Midget so much I'll have to keep it too....   ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim - Midget in Dodge City