Distributor and Carburetor problems...

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributor and Carburetor problems...
From: "de Brebisson, Cyrille (Calculator Division)" <cyrille@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:58:11 -0600
Hello,

First the theory, just to check if I have it right...

The timing advance should increase as RPM go up (mechanical advance)
The timing advance should increase as the laod goes up (vacum controled)
Vacum is high at low load and low at high load between the engine and
the Butterfly
Vacum is Low at low load and high at high load between the butterfly and
the outside
You want to connect a Vacum Advance to the outside of the butterfly
You want to connect a Vacum Retard to the inside of the butterfly

Do I have that ok?

My problem is that I have a Weber DVG carb and it only has a vacum takup
point on the inside of the butterfly and a vacum advance...

So, what do I do? How do I solve the problem (for the moment, I am
running with the vacum line disconnected)...

Does anyone know a way to get a low vacum takup point on the dgv?

Regards, cyrille