Re: ?????

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>,
Subject: Re: ?????
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:19:54 GMT
Hi, Bill....

I won't overly comment on the PCV system 'cause I don't run emissions motors in
my Spridgets but the PCV part of the emissions system(s), when properly hooked
up and functioning, eliminates crankcase pressure and is usually considered a
"good" part of the emissions system
(helps prevent oil leaks) and accordingly, is worth retaining when the motor is
otherwise "detoxed".

Going to a colder plug will normally reduce
dieseling but....it's a "band-aid" fix. An
"aspirin for a headache" so to speak. IOW,
you are treating a symptom, rather than
the cause.

The motor is new, the recommended plug
for the stock 1098 in normal street driving (according to my books, anyway) is
a "5".

Still seems to me you've got too much timing (advanced) at idle.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)