Was British car shows, Now Driving Trans-Kansas

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Was British car shows, Now Driving Trans-Kansas
From: "Peter Shull" <pdx.pete@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 16:34:28 -0700
Sheesh, 800 miles? That's not even close.

Say you wanted to go east-west, like on I-70 from Kansas City, Kansas, to
that rip-snorting border town of Burlington (no coat factory here),
Colorado, the most you'd be driving would something in the range of 434
miles.

If'n you wanted to traverse Kansas from north to south, like on US 81 / I-35
from just south of Chester, Nebraska, down to the Oklahoma state line, you'd
be looking at about 198 miles.

Now, if you wanted to do it on the diagonal you might rack up more miles
than that because (assuming you started in one of the southern corners of
the state) you'd be driving up a while and over a while, and then up a while
and over a while, and then up a while and over a while ....

PS: If you do decide to drive Kansas on the diagonal, please let me know ...
I still have family and friends there that would think it quite amusing!

Pete
Originally from Kansas, admitted to the Union in 1862 as the first of the
Rectangular States