Re: [ASSn] Different wheel question....

To: "alan eastjones" <alaneastjones@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [ASSn] Different wheel question....
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 22:31:04 -0500
OMG!!   I'm agreeing with Alan!!

Definitely do not use 25 year old tires!!

Guys & Gals - As Dr. Larry discovered, old tires become dangerous.
Tire compounds do not age like fine wine. They deteriorate over time.
Sometimes it is obvious like "weather checking", but often the
compound and construction start to go deep within the tread or
sidewalls so that what appears to be a "good" tire (nicely maintained
with Armour-All or
tire black of some sort) is actually going "rotten" (for lack of the
correct terminology) within the body of the tire. About 10 years is
the safety line...

C'mon Alan, give us the technical explanation....     ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City