Re: windshield

To: <stevenm@optonline.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: windshield
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 20:17:14 -0700
There's a guy on ebay that sells a "kit" with the glass and all the
seals for a windshield replacement. I don't remember what I paid, but I
think it was less than $150. It was a little bit fiddly getting the
frame apart and back together, but fairly straightforward. The biggest
annoyance was the corroded screws on the bottom of the frame (under the
sealing rubber). The second biggest annoyance was replacing the side
pillar to door seals (which aren't included in the ebay "kit"), since
the replacements didn't fit right. (Not tight enough in the retaining
slot). If yours are in decent shape, I'd leave them as is.

-=Chris