minimania open house

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: minimania open house
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 20:29:30 -0700
I drove up to MiniMania this morning for their open house and to get some
engine bits. Many Minis and many MINIs, with a supercharged Moke and Bugeye in
attendance.  I met Don Racine and talked to him about the cars there for sale.
He's reducing his fleet and had a row of ex-racing LBCs for sale.  For sale
were a supercharged Moke, Mini, Bugeye and Sprite.  He's put his supercharger
on most everything.
I caravaned in behind a Mini pickup and another new MINI.  Bar-B-Que
sandwiches, homemade icecream, coffee truck, and seminars on things LBC.  I
caught part of a seminal on the new programmable universal dizzy. The guy said
that by end of summer it would accomodate boost applications as well as normal
aspiration and its compatible with all the MSD stuff.  Interesting.

Glen