Questions: Head retorque and heated manifolds

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Questions: Head retorque and heated manifolds
From: "de Brebisson, Cyrille (Calculator Division)" <cyrille@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:14:38 -0600
Hello,

2 questions:
- after 500miles on the new engine, I am supposed to retorque the head,
how do I do that:
    - just check that there is the right torque?
    - detorque the head by 1 or 2 turn on each bolt and then retorque to
spec?

- the after market pierce manifold (with Weber) have a connection to
allow the heater hose to connect to it, my understanding is that this
might warm up the manifold (not much mind you because there is very
little water circulation).
        - Should I connect that or not?
        - what does it do to heat the manifolds?

Thanks, cyrille