Am I ticked off????

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Am I ticked off????
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 17:20:24 -0700
Well, everything is going well at the paint shop.  They already have the
body work done, and the body man (surprise, surprine...an Anglo) asked
for the grille so he could make sure that a dent behind it had been
repaired to a perfect fit.  So far, so good.  Next comes the etch
primer, and if I had brought it in a couple of days sooner, it would
have been done before I left for England.!!!

I wish things were going as well with the powder coating and the
re-chrome.  Although I had taken everything in to both almost two months
ago, I had to push them to get things back yesterday.

When I picked the powder coated parts up this morning, I got home and
found there were still wet spots on a couple of pieces, and they had
ignored the blue taped parts that I did not want powder coated!!!   Then
I found that the the drive shaft and two wishbones had not been
returned!!!  Oh, they found the drive shaft, but are SURE they didn't do
any wishbones.  Well, of course they didn't.  They just can't find
those, either!!!!

Then we have the chrome shop that finally got my stuff done yesterday.
I had taken in my good grille that was missing a pin, as well as a ratty
one that had a dent a two pieces missing from the checkerboard so they
could see where the missing pin went.  Well, they wanted to keep the
ratty one for reference.  When I picked everything up and took it home,
they had done a good job on the rear bumperettes and the emergeny brake
(although they put it together backwards).  But the did a crappy job on
my good grille. But for some reason they had ALSO done the ratty one.
At no cost..  And they did a better job on it than they had done on the
good one!!!!  You figure it out.

Well, I can't worry about it now.  Too much to do to get ready for my
flight.

Buster Evans