Re: Joe Curto

To: "Billy Zoom" <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Subject: Re: Joe Curto
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:01:15 -0500
On 5/24/06, Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com> wrote:
> Somebody should have explained to me that criticizing Joe's work is
> considered sacrilege. I'd never heard of Joe until a few months ago, and I
> certainly didn't mean to upset so many of you.
<snip>

Billy,

You didn't upset me at all. What I was trying to do was offer you
another perspective. As I said to Greg Higgins, what a lot of this
boils down to (IMHO) is the expected standard of work. My experience
with cleaning constant velocity carbs for various applications has led
me to expect a somewhat lower standard than what you expected so I was
puzzled at your reaction. I don't know Curto from Adam and had never
even heard of him before this thread so I'm certainly not defending
him or his work. The point I'm trying to raise is that we all have
different expectations concerning work we hire done. And I think we
have all found, from time to time, that our expectations were too high
and some cases and, happily, too low in others. When you send stuff
out to be done by someone you don't know, you always take that risk. I
think you did the right thing in this case in conveying your
displeasure to Curto and in bringing it to the list for discussion. It
only follows, however, that not everyone on the list will agree with
everyone else.

Hope to meet you at BusterCluster 2006

Cheers!!
 Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City