A funny thing.........

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: A funny thing.........
From: Larry Pitts <FUZZY95687@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:31:02 -0700 (PDT)
So, I decided to squeeze in an hour or so of the Dixon Car show last week
before work. I drove my 76 MGB. As Gerard will attest, it's a beater, ghetto as
I like to  call it. I drive the tar out of it, it keeps the rift/raft away from
it in the parking lots. ( with commuting, over a 1000miles on it in the last
two weeks). Well, the rift/raft found my car.  Stuffed under the wiper was a
business card. So I called the phone number. Seems a movie studio wanted my car
for a movie they're starting to shoot about a father and son's bonding
experiences ......, you guessed it, restoring a blue MG Roadster. (mines red
but I guess that's part of the movie magic). By extending the smog laws, Gov.
Arnold pretty much sealed the cars eventual fate for me last year. A quick
negotiation and the studio is a proud owner a 76 MGB.  It'll be one of three
that will be used in the movie. Mine will be the "beater" (the studio's word)
seen in the beginning not the restore beauty at the end.
 Sherman's Way is the title of the flick.
  OK, I just had to share.....
  Looks like financing for round two of the Bugeye!

  (lurking) Larry Pitts
  60 Bug