Bugeye Seat Cover Patterns

To: "bugeye@yahoogroups.com" <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Bugeye Seat Cover Patterns
From: Jim Rogers <jarplanner@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 08:37:23 -0700
Is there more than one original style seat bottom/seat back frame for
1959 & 60 Bugeyes?

I recently helped a friend, Fritz, to purchase some Bugeye seat covers
on Ebay (cost about half of Moss's regular price). The seat covers are
made new by a seller in Utah, and the quality looked very good. HOWEVER,
when Fritz tried the seat back covers they were cut very wide (1 inch
each side) at the bottom; and a little too short to properly tuck under
and clip to seat pan. Then he noticed that the seat bottom covers had 2
vertical seams on pan front protion, which made it impossible to mount
without bunching material in front.

Fritz & I compared his seats with mine - they matched; compared with a
local 3rd Bugeye & they matched as well. Neither are seamed on bottom
front  & done not measure as wide as the new covers received. Fritz
returned new seat covers along with one of his old covers. We & the
seller assumed a mix up in patterns with later Spridget seats. Seller
says the returned seat covers match his Bugeye seat pattern, match his
Moss & VB seat covers, and he has used same seat covers on several of
his  Bugeyes. Can we both be right? Has anyone had experience with Moss
or VB seat covers? Any mounting problems?

Seller has refunded purchase & shipping costs, so no problem there. But
Fritz is still with out seat covers, and not sure were to go for decent,
inexpensive seat covers.
Recommendations?

TIA

Jim Rogers