Re: New cam timing

To: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: New cam timing
From: roger cotting <rbc_48183@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:14:44 -0700 (PDT)
One of the ways is to use modelling clay. Put alittle bit of oil on the
surface, put it in the combustion chambers. rotate the engine around a couple
of times, take the haed off and measure. I use no head gasket, so you have
about .010 of additional clearance.
  Roger Cotting

Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com> wrote:
  I'm an amateur going through the reassembly of my
1275. This week I'm timing the cam, and Kent says:

After having timed in the camshaft check that there is
no valve to piston contact. The minimum clearance
between the piston and the valve should be 1.5mm. In
multi-cam engines ensure there is no valve to valve
contact.

How does one check this?

Thanks,

Joe Lansing