Re: New big Healey's and Sprites being produced

To: grunthaner@gmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New big Healey's and Sprites being produced
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:00:25 EDT
Hi Lin,

What's new hear is that the Healey family have sold the Healey name and this
is how someone can make a new Healey but not an Austin-Healey (someone else,
probably the Chinese own the Austin name and if not them BMW own the Austin
name).

The Healey name was purchased by Tim Fenna of Frontline Spridget / Frontline
Costello or assumedly a new company he has set up.  The purchase was bank
rolled by an American who I have no details of.

Tim reckons he will put the Healey back into production starting with a Big
Healey - I think the company will go bust with or without any cars being
produced.  If Jenson couldn't do it a few years back and if none of the
numerous
'plastic Frogeye' companies can do it I don't see how he can and certainly not
after stumping up a lot of money for the Healey name.

Daniel1312