Re: No LBC, Checking a relay

To: Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: No LBC, Checking a relay
From: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 14:17:34 -0500
You can always bypass the relay with 12v and a jumper wire..  of
course there are also several safety switches in newer A/C systems
like overpressure switches that will keep it from running.  Check
voltage at the compressor and if there is none put 12v to it and see
if it "clicks".  No need for it to be running for this.  After you
are sure that it isn't simple, be prepared for it to never work well
again.. that is assuming that you take it into the dealer..  ;-)

Lester