Exhaust and tire questions for Bugeye

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust and tire questions for Bugeye
From: Peter Boser <pboser@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:51:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,
My '59 Bugeye (with 948) backfire has been diagnosed
as being the need for an exhaust header gasket.  The
car also needs an exhaust system, so I'm taking
recommendations - what should I get?  Should I order
the whole deal from Victoria, do so from elsewhere, or
just let a local muffler shop have at it?  I'm not
looking for an increase in power (hopeless case!),
would prefer it not to be loud, and don't care too
much about absolute originality (I have front discs,
for example, so reasonable upgrades don't offend me).
Any thoughts?

Oh, while I'm at it.  I've never had wire wheels
before.  Does a tire shop need special equipment,
supplies and/or knowledge to install new tires?

Thanks,
Pete Boser
Rumson, NJ