Re: FI Cleaner

To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: FI Cleaner
From: "K. Valentine" <kevin@valentinephoto.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:38:45 -0400
On Jun 26, 2006, at 9:49 AM, Larry Daniels wrote:

> I have wondered if this stuff is really beneficial as a
> preventative measure
> or is it just another attempt to separate you from your money.  Is
> today's gas
> clean enough to make this unnecessary?  Thoughts?

Larry,

I have a '94 Ford E150 with 325,000 miles on it.  At 300,000 it began
idling a little rough and all the sensors and wiring checked out
okay.  I purchased a set of injectors and installed them.  That fixed
the problem.  The old injectors were remarkably clean, just worn
enough to cause a rough idle.  I never used any kind of injector
cleaner.

I used all types of gas when driving locally, but on long trips I
used Texaco because their lower grade gas has cleaners in it.  The
van went to Florida 3 times a year.

Kevin V.