Chico all Brit show

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chico all Brit show
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 08:01:02 -0700
I got the Austin's shocks on in time to take it to Palo Alto, but chickened
out when I saw the website and relaized I should have sent in a photo and
gotten a confirmation of invitation ahead of time.  Since I couldn't reach
anyone Saturday night to confirm that I would be welcome, I opted to make the
first drive on the new 1275 up to the Chico all Brit show.  The lowered
suspension feels good, and the the new Peterbuilts at the corners were
perfect.  The new motor got a bit warm and I had to run the heater all the
way.  But considering it was 105 F, I guess that's to be expected.  I'll add
an oil cooler this week as insurance for the Bustercluster trip.

 Smooth motor, 25mpg on a hastily chosen rich needle, wonderful handling.  I'm
now officially in love with this little Austin.

BTW, there wasn't a single bugeye at the Chico show!  Terrible!

Glen