Subject: FI Cleaner

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Subject: FI Cleaner
From: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:40:03 -0400
Larry:

Once upon a nightmare I owned a Toyota Camry.  While still under warrantee
(thankfully) it began to run rough at neutral throttle at highway speeds.
Took it to the dealer & they changed out all kinds of electronic stuff. Told
me my diagnosis of injector problems was wrong as they were the "Factory
trained technicians."  Still ran badly.  After having the car in the shop
off & on for 5 weeks during a 2 month time period, I spent a half day with
the zone service manager while he road tested, computer checked, road
tested, etc.  Guess what it was?  Yup!  Fuel injector clogging.  After that
I ran a can of cleaner through every month or 2 for the couple of years we
kept that piece of junk.  That eliminated that problem.

Can you imagine that my '80 MGB was more reliable than the Camry?  It was.
And, both were driven equal miles per year.  But, the MG didn't leave my
wife or me stranded 5 times - twice because it was so bad in snow my wife
abandoned it & rode with a friend & 3 times because it just died..  That
Camry was the worst car I ever owned in almost 50 years of owning cars.  The
list of things that went wrong with it would have made somone who owned a
1957 Chrysler product ill.  But at least the '57 Chrysler cars were stylish.

But, back to your injector cleaning solutions.  I still use it occasionally
on my newer cars.  The old cars run SU's & Webers.

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner (New engine finally in.  Doing the remote oil filter plumbing
now)