Pinky is Street legal and drives GREAT.........thanks to all

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Pinky is Street legal and drives GREAT.........thanks to all
From: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:36:25 -0400
Yes it's true Pinky is street legal and I drove her yesterday and will again
today after some tweaking with the blinkers, my arms are getting tired of
hand signals, don't know how they did it in our grand parents day. Well this
is what I think of my first extended road test/drive. I love the engine real
spunky, yes that's the best way to describe it, spunky. Although I know
Frank said I need a new front passenger side shock I still didn't feel the
car stick to the curves like I did on my 68 Spitfire. Now the tires I have
are new 8yr olds but no Michelin's which is what I put on my Spitfire so
perhaps new rubber like the Michelin's will make her stick to the corners
better. Plus I had the Spitfire suspension completely redone costing me a
small fortune so perhaps I'll start looking into doing the same but this
time I'll do it myself. Other than that I felt like that gal on the cover of
Jay's book (which I have a copy too) who is racing her red MKII against a
guy in a green Bugeye. http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/ (see picture on
bottom). When I get to work I'll scan the cover and post it on my web site
so you see what I mean. BTW she was winning  ; )

Check out my update pics and yes yes I'm removing the licence plate from the
front of the radiator so she won't over heat : )
Linda
62 California Sprite "Pinky"

http://www.freewebs.com/lgrunthaner/