Re: Off-idle

To: "Alan Inglis" <Alan.Inglis@telus.net>
Subject: Re: Off-idle
From: "John D'Agostino" <john.dagostino@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:13:58 -0400
Hi.
Unscrew the dashpot plunger and lift the dashpot by hand to see if it's
sticking. If it is not, I will bet that your throttle linkage is opening the
rear carb before opening the front one which would cause the rear dashpot to
lift first. Check the linkage carefully to see if both carbs are opening at
the same time. Remove the dashpot cover and check that the vacuum holes are
not gunked up, but if you cleaned them there shouldn't be a vacuum problem.

Good luck,