Re: calling electrical engineers...

To: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: calling electrical engineers...
From: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 21:59:20 -0400
Well it's a lonnnng story....but in short....I'm working on a Ducati 250.
Originally 6V, with a permanent magent alternator.  Couldn't find a 6v
rectifier/regulator for love or money, so I figured WTF, I'll just put in a
12v reg, rect. and a 12v battery, seeing as how the alternator is putting
out between 12 and 42V AC.  That leaves the 6V coil.  Now I have to rethink
the wisdom of converting to 12V......I don't thing I'll have a problem with
the alternator, but I didn't think I'd have a problem with the coil, now did
I????LOL!

Am I gonna burn the alternator?

Geoff Branch