Watkins Glen

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Watkins Glen
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:47:19 -0400
I returned last night from three glorious days in Watkins Glen at the
SCCA national races. While helping some H production guys diagnose their
SU problems, up walks list member John Farley. Good to finally meet you
in person John. Although I've been going there for 30 years, I spent all
of my time at the race track, and on Friday was able to do some sight
seeing. We spent time in the International Racing Research Museum,
picked up a map and toured the original Grand Prix race course through
the town streets, spent some time at the Seneca Lake marina, and had
dinner at the Seneca Lodge again. There's still the Watkins Glen State
Park, the gorge, and the wineries! So much to catch up on for this
racing hermit. Looking forward to returning there for the Zippo Vintage
Grand Prix, September 7th-10th, the first time I will be attending that
event. Any other list members going to this vintage race?
John Caffrey
Fogelsville, PA