FROG AYE progress report.

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: FROG AYE progress report.
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 01:47:16 -0700
I am continuing to make progress on getting FROG AYE back together.
Yesterday I got the proken off stub (of the half shaft) out of the
differential and got it back together.  Or I should say Mike Singletary of
Sportscars limited did that.  He had obtained thrust washers from Mo$$ for
me and when I picked them up I justhappened to have the diff in my car.
With little prodding, Mike took the thing apart (sure would be nice to have
a compressor and an impact wrench!) It's a good thing he did it for me
actually because the two bowl shaped thrust washers that came from Mo$$ were
too thick!  So it went back together with two new thrust washers and two old
ones. Mike also gave me some hints about replacing the metalastic busings in
the spring eyes.  On my way home from Mike's shop, I just made it to my
machinist and picked up the rear hub with new bearing, seal, and wheel
studs.  Pretty much everything is now cleaned, most things are painted and I
am ready to start putting the rear axle back together.  I also wrapped the
exhaust header in some kind of heat wrap and will also wrap as much of the
exhaust pipe as I can.  Trying to sent the majority of the heat out the
tailpipe rather than up throught he driver's footwell!

I hope to have a ffew days to drive FROG AYE before heading south to the
Buster Cluster.  The way I work I'm cutting it close but I think it should
happen!

Hal